The ARISE Plan
ARISE is a bold vision for downtown Janesville’s long-term future, solidly grounded in community engagement and focused on feasible action steps. The ARISE plan is intended to position downtown Janesville as a vibrant neighborhood where commerce, culture, entertainment, and history intersect.
- Make the downtown the heart of the community and a fun, vibrant and healthy place to live, work and visit for a wide spectrum of the community
- Preserve the historical character and authenticity of the downtown
- Celebrate the Rock River as Janesville’s greatest asset
- Facilitate new investment and redevelopment with a market driven and action-oriented strategy
ARISENow is a private-public partnership formed in 2016 that strengthens the implementation of the City’s ARISE plan as well as supports other key activities and organizations working to transform downtown Janesville.
- City of Janesville
- Forward Janesville, Inc.
- Downtown Janesville, Inc
- Janesville Performing Arts Center
- Rock County Historical Society
- Janesville Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Downtown Janesville BID
ARISENow Sponsored Projects
- Interactive Water Feature
- Pedestrian Bridge
- East Bank Pavilion
- West Bank Pavilion & River Lawn
- Festival Street Enhancements
- Lighting for Court Street, Milwaukee Street & Pedestrian Bridge
- Public Art
Walkways and Connectors
- Information Kiosks
Janesville Performing Arts Center
- Phase I: Youth Education Center, Rehearsal Space & Technology Upgrades
Thank you ARISENow Donors
Thanks to the generosity of our donors and efforts of our community partners, downtown Janesville is on the rise again!
As a current or prospective property and/or business owner, we are here to support you. Please contact us with questions or thoughts.