About the Downtown Janesville BID
In October of 2017, the Janesville City Council approved the formation of the Downtown Janesville Business Improvement District, commonly referred to as BID.
BID is funded through an assessment system that levies a special assessment against property owners within the Business Improvement District. The assessment funds received fuel the development of properties and businesses within the BID.
The Downtown Janesville BID area is split into 3 zones with zone 1 property owners paying the highest assessment, followed by zone 2 and then zone 3. The BID is truly downtown property owners supporting downtown Janesville.
The BID has made great strides in these short years. In a recent survey, 88% of downtown property and business owners rated the BID at 4.3 stars out of a 5-star rating.
Downtown business areas we’ve focused heavily on:
- Improve accessibility through snow removal
- Partner with Downtown Janesville Inc. to support activation and beautification of the downtown
- Foster building improvements downtown through Facade, Recruitment, and Retention Grants.
- Sponsor and support large signature events in our downtown
- Communication, marketing, and support to property owners
- Support during street construction
- Build a sense of engagement and collaboration for downtown property and business owners
Board of Directors
To accomplish and build on the growth in downtown Janesville, requires a strong BID Board. The nine-member BID board is composed of eight property or business owners from zones 1-3 and one community at large representative.
- Bekki Kennedy, President
- Matt Kealy
- Jim Grafft
- Claire Gray
- Richard Neeno
- Mick Gilbertson
- Jenny Lindstrom
- Dave Reimer
- Mike Faust
As a current or prospective property and/or business owner, we are here to support you. Please contact us with questions or thoughts.
Downtown Janesville, Inc.
P.O. Box 8081
Janesville, WI 53547