Supporting, Revitalizing and Growing Businesses
2023 Signature and New Event Grant Program Details
Objective: The Signature Event Grant Program is a grant designed to encourage new businesses to our downtown and help retain current businesses. To attract local and surrounding community to visit our downtown and build awareness and/or traffic to local businesses. BID focuses on supporting key signature events downtown annually and one time support to help launch new downtown events. Applications are accepted for consideration at the March and August BID Board Meetings.
Sponsors: The matching grant program is funded by an allocation of funds from the Business Improvement District (BID). BID is funded through an assessment system that levies a special assessment against property owners within the Business Improvement District.
- Please complete the online form found below, or download a Word or PDF version, complete it, and submit it either via email to email@example.com or mail to BID c/o JCVB, 20 S. Main, Janesville, WI 53545. Direct any questions to the BID Executive Director.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply early. Funds are limited and will be allocated on a first come/first-reviewed basis. Depending on the quantity and quality of the applications, the entire fund could be completely allocated to one event.
- Those approved to receive funds consider it as sponsorship. BID logo should be used on appropriate collateral mediums.
- Recap of event, including how dollars were used, attendance of event vs expected, etc. to be presented back to BID Board within 90 Days of event.
Events will be evaluated on the following:
- The quality of the planning put into coordinating the promotion
- Event is held within the BID Boundaries
- Time of the year
- Uniqueness/innovation of an event in serving as a draw for visitors
- Potential of promotion becoming self-supporting
- Event draws county, state, or regional media exposure
- New or increased business for the downtown
- Matching funds from the applicant