Downtown Winter Weather Emergency Procedures
- Winter weather emergency announced. You will receive an email from us with the estimated plow times in downtown.
- Throw the snow off of your sidewalks and terraces INTO the street, before the plows come through.
- The plows will do an initial pass in only the driving lanes, they may do this a few times throughout a snow event if needed. They will then come back with push plows to do the parking area, up to the curbs. The snow will be pushed to piles on each block.
- DO NOT THROW SNOW INTO THE ROAD AFTER those push plows have come through. If you miss this timeframe, you can add the snow to the piles.
- The goal of this system is to eliminate snow piles that you have to jump over to get onto the sidewalk.
- BID pays to have the piles removed throughout the winter season to keep our downtown safe and businesses easily accessible.
- Sign up for Nixle, and have your tenants also sign up to get first alerts on winter emergencies
- Join the Downtown Property & Business Owners Facebook group, as detailed information and updates are shared regarding when plowing will be happening.
- The city will try to plow in the late evening to not impact business hours.
- If cars are in the road, call the non-emergency police number (608-757-2244) immediately.
- Utilize Snow flyers that will be available for download here.